On being a woman in the USA.

The Day the Onion Died

[Trigger warning: graphic discussion of domestic violence]

Or at least, one can hope, because these assholes obviously haven’t learned anything. (It’s been dead to me since Quvenzhané.)

Image

Hey, The Onion? Violence against women isn’t funny. It wasn’t funny at the Oscars, and it isn’t funny now. It’s time for you to sit the fuck down and take a time out. Forever.*

Beyond that, I have far too much rage to form words right now. More later.

Full disclosure: One of my exes beat me because we fought and I left a party without him and caught  ride home with a passing car that happened to be driven by a man. This particular ex always figured if I could talk to another man–Hell, if I could look at him–I might as well be fucking him. So, you know, I might as well have fucked that guy who gave me a ride home. Fuckhead beat me, cut my face with a paint-scraper (so no one would find me attractive again), poked my eyes with his fingers (I still have scars I can see when the light is right and I look at a blank surface), and told me that when he was done with me he was going to bury me in a field where no one would find me.

Perhaps some of you who think I don’t “get” satire will understand that some things just aren’t funny to some people. And considering HOW FUCKING MANY OF US HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS (and how many haven’t survived it), I don’t think asking for a little sensitivity is out of order. I don’t think asking the Onion to find a way to poke fun at Chris Brown without making a joke out of domestic violence is too much to ask. I just don’t. Chris Brown deserves whatever shit life throws at him, but I think it’s ok to ask questions about whether a work of satire meant to draw attention to domestic violence might actually be harming the people it seeks to help.

onionquote

And no matter how many of you come here to tell me I really ought to get mad at something else or someone else or expend my energy elsewhere and stop making feminists look bad, I’m not shutting up. When something strikes me as wrong–when it hits me in the gut like this did–I’m going to talk about it. Write about it. And as so many have said to me here and elsewhere regarding just “not reading” the Onion? If you don’t like what I have to say, you know how to avoid this page.

*Something an acquaintance said today reminded me of the above line, written in a fit of rage, which I didn’t mean literally and have neglected to address before now (3/10). I’m never in favor of shutting anyone up. I do think The Onion needs to examine whether they are actually achieving their goals (I don’t pretend to know what those goals are, but I used to feel they were more aligned with my own). Satire should point up, and too often, The Onion ridicules and trivializes the people it seeks to champion.

Additional Updates:

Hope Fiending has written something very like what I would have if I’d been able, so off you go to read her piece:

I’M PRETTY SICK OF PEOPLE USING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AS AN EASY “PUNCHLINE.” IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT A PUNCHLINE. PUN PROBABLY INTENDED.

Buzzfeed featured my post, and The New Republic quoted me. Apparently “a hardcore of feminist bloggers” is a thing. Like a murder of crows. Neat!

Also, Salon chimes in:

Has the Onion gotten mean?

Aaaand here’s an article written from the POV of the three Cleveland, OH women recently freed in which they lay the blame for all of society’s ills squarely at the feet of men. I don’t even know what to say about that except #FUCKTHEONION.

1. Sadly, of the Chris Brown/Rhianna thing was the fact that after her beating, she didn’t press the issue AND people still buy his shitty music.
    -L

August 26, 2013 at 12:28 pm

2. Pingback: Opinion Is King | A Clown On Fire

3. Love this. And love that you are reading Hope Fiending too! Feel as if all the awesomest internet ladies are banding together recently :D

May 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

• Thank you! Yes, it’s exciting to meet so many excellent writers lately. I’m learning a LOT.

May 12, 2013 at 7:46 pm

4. Pingback: Benghazi, Jodi Arias, Twitter topics and the learning process | Roasted Plums

5. Spitfire

I used to have an online subscription to The Onion because at one point I thought it was funny (they do have funny articles) but I cancelled it recently because I just didn’t think their material is funny anymore. In retrospect, I think I made the right decision.

May 9, 2013 at 9:05 am

6. I don’t even know what the Onion is (who?)- excuse my arrogance… but I see I didn’t miss much. Not much to say- poor performance…

May 8, 2013 at 11:45 pm

• They have done some great work in the past, IMO, but yeah. Poorly done this time. And also at Oscar time. :-/

May 9, 2013 at 5:27 am

7. Matt Cable

I have to take issue with you here. The Onion piece is highly critical of Brown, who in the wake of his abuse of Rihanna has consistently tried to present himself as a good guy and normalize his behavior through interviews that are not much different from the exaggerated one in the Onion. The underlying premise of the piece is that Brown’s attempts to present himself as a normal and sympathetic figure in the press are completely incompatible with the savagery of his behavior. Pointing out this dissonance (as the piece does) is precisely what satire does, yes it is hard edged, but that is what makes the implicit criticism of Brown effective.

Feminist blogger (and author of The End Of Men) has some interesting things to say about this. Check it out:

May 8, 2013 at 1:23 pm

• I’ll fix it. :)

May 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm

• Matt Cable

Thank you.

May 8, 2013 at 6:10 pm

• I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I get what they were trying to do. I just don’t agree with the way they chose to do it. It may indeed be “effective.” It’s also harmful. I’m not alone in this, I promise you.

May 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm

• Matt Cable

I’m sympathetic to your point (as I understand it), in that I get that for some people it can be hurtful and traumatic to read explicit depictions of violence against women in any context, especially if they have been touched by that sort of violence personally. I also can see how if you do find reading descriptions of violence against women particualrly traumatizing (regardless of the purpose of the description), it would be galling to have gone through that traumatic experience in the name of something as relatively trivial as a saterical humor piece. It is worth pointing out, though, that the Onion regularly trades in similarly hard edged satire on a variety of different subjects, and that those stories inevitably offend people with similarly specific and heightened sensitivities related to a given topic.

May 8, 2013 at 6:54 pm

• stop whining and start making suggestions on what to DO about it! i’m getting sick of chris brown AND the onion. lks

June 18, 2013 at 4:42 am

• I don’t believe anyone is whining, but yes, I’d love to hear suggestions as to solutions.

June 18, 2013 at 5:38 am

8. Pingback: The Internet Erupts Over Onion Article Graphically Describing Chris Brown Killing Rihanna | Power 107.5

9. Le Clown

Rosie,

Here’s a comment that was left on my Facebook thread, and thought I should bring it over, as more of us feel the way you do about The Onion in this instance:

“As far as I can tell, the Onion currently employs one woman on its writing staff. That’s 14%. Historically, five out of 24 past writers were women (20%). None of which were women of colour, as far as I can tell. The Onion, a so called bastion of progressive thought and social satire, employs women well below the national employment average of 47%. They are not unique in this, but I think it illustrates a HUGE sense of entitlement if they feel comfortable with cracking jokes like that. But entitlement is one of the biggest plagues of my generation, in my opinion. The fact that it didn’t even register that this would be triggering for millions of women who have been beaten speaks for their choice of a joke over sensitivity. It could have been handled better. There is an opportunity for satire here, but they missed it. They should try satirizing lynching in the same way and see what happens. Graphic descriptions and all.”

Le Clown

May 8, 2013 at 4:04 am

10. Ellen1118

Kudos on the Onionesque satire of humorless feminists!

The Onion’s writers have absolutely hounded Chris Brown for his actual, real-life hatred of women. When most in the media are trying the forgive-and-forget approach toward Brown’s woman beating, The Onion is blasting the guy. Why are you attacking The Onion? They’re trying to destroy the reputation this scumbag! They’re on your side! You will never change anything if you can’t even figure out who is on your side and who isn’t.

Instead of reiterating “there are better ways of doing this” (that seems to be all you have to say), say exactly what those better ways are. Seriously. Apparently you know better than the professional satirists how to write funny, biting satire, so do it. Don’t say that it can be done, show that it can be done. If you can’t do it, stop acting like you know better.

As for the warning label, or whatever it is you think Onion articles should carry, get real. That is just more evidence that you have zero clue how good satire works. You might as well slap a big red disclaimer atop the article that says “This is Satire and Didn’t Actually Happen”.

May 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm

• I have been beaten to within an inch of my life and I feel ok offering my opinion on the subject. I don’t need you to tell me I’m part of the problem just because I hold my supposed allies to the same standard as my opponents. Honestly, I’m pretty sick of people stopping by just to tell me to shut up. Not gonna happen. But thanks for reading.

May 7, 2013 at 10:05 pm

• A good place to start with satire like this would be to avoid the detailed explanation of how he hoped she would die. Not only is Chris Brown’s name tied to this, but so is Rihanna’s. Though there is some moral vindication in the “let’s never let Chris Brown outlive his abuser reputation,” Rihanna’s name is involved every time it’s mentioned, and as a result she is regarded as nothing more than the woman that Chris Brown abused (and wanted to murder, hahaha?).

I’ll admit upfront that I think The Onion’s satire is rarely a style I enjoy. The problem with this particular piece is that I don’t think the goal was only to insult Chris Brown and ruin his career, as people keep saying, but to make fun of the entire event and never let us forget that Rihanna was an abused woman.

Being a celebrity whose life is open to the public, even in the most painful circumstances, can you imagine how it feels to be constantly reminded of the abuse you experienced? This not only reminds us of that event, but it carries it a few steps further to her DEATH at the hands of this man. And everyone laughs, and brushes her imagined death off as “funny, biting satire.”

Finally, when you say this: “You might as well slap a big red disclaimer atop the article that says ‘This is Satire and Didn’t Actually Happen'”– do you not see how incorrect you are? This statement shows that you just don’t get it.

The Animal Farm is satire. Pigs and horses don’t really talk.

Rihanna has actually been abused. A lot of people have been abused in this way. Many people die exactly as her death is described in this “satire,” and that is a painful reality for survivors and those of us who live with or work with survivors.

To many people, this is not the kind of out-there satire that The Onion usually dishes out– something you know this just a creative twist of truth that makes it hilarious.

This could so easily be reality. So easily. Nothing creative or remarkable has been done with the situation, except that he didn’t really say that stuff– hahahaha, get it?!

Saying that someone said something that they really didn’t say about a real situation is not automatically satire. There has to be some creativity somewhere in there to make the satire transcend daily existence.

This is just a miserable reminder of daily life for too many people.

May 8, 2013 at 7:26 am

11. ANN

Hi! I nominated you for the Shine On Award. Should you choose to accept, please follow the instructions posted on my home page. Love your blog! ♥

May 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm

• Thank you! <3

May 7, 2013 at 7:46 pm

12. Rosie you rock! Shared this on facebook too :)

May 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm

13. Reblogged this on FEMBORG.

May 7, 2013 at 4:11 pm

14. Poorlytoldjoke

I <3 identity politics. They make for completely rational discussions. The Onion is not only women hating, but somehow racist over this? This is brilliant. Please go on.

May 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm

• You know what? How about you go on. You’re not here to learn or contribute. You’re here to snark. On the other hand, if you decide to stick around, try not to be an ass.

I personally don’t believe that the Onion is trying to perpetuate misogyny. I think they failed at satire in this instance. As for the racism part? Anytime you make a joke at the expense of people of color you need to consider the fact that our culture and media exploits and makes jokes at the expense of and caricatures out of POC all the time. As a white person, I can’t even imagine what that must be like. My privilege prevents me. Can you?

And that’s all I have to say about that.

May 7, 2013 at 4:02 pm

15. Melanie

First – Chris Brown is an asshole.
    Second – I can see the ruination of his career being the goal of the top one, the one with the “quote”, but the other is just asinine. In addition to the above mentioned conversation points, I am disappointed because the conversation those tweets are going to start isn’t wholly going to be about ending domestic violence and the sad, sad acceptance of it in our society, but will insight the trolls to come out in droves to support Brown and pull the “blame the victim” card on Rihanna, thus furthering the acceptance of DV and shunning even more victims back into silence. I say this not having visited The Onion and read anything for myself.

May 7, 2013 at 2:39 pm

• Yeah, the conversation is now about a) the Onion’s satire fail and b) FEMINISTS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR!!!

May 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm

• Melanie

Oh, yeah, of course, it’s all about the feminists’ lack of a sense of humor. Because this is so totally humorous. Please excuse me while I go brush my teeth; I just threw up a little.

May 7, 2013 at 3:04 pm

16. I’m sorry, but there is nothing mysoginistic( sp?) or racist or over the line here, as far as I’m concerned. It’s just the Onion continuing to point out what an absolute sack of crap Chris Brown is. Seriously, as someone who grew up in a household that was filled with almost any form of abuse you could think of, I am absolutely overjoyed whenever I see a waste of flesh such as Mr. Brown ceaselessly hounded by others in such a public way. I honestly believe the Onion wants nothing less than the complete ruination of the guy’s career, which is just fine by me.

If you have problems the with graphic and brutal way they go about it, I suggest you google some pics of abused women and children, then I’ll think you’ll rethink your position a little. I really think nothing is out of bounds when dealing with shitsacks of this magnitude.

May 7, 2013 at 1:24 pm

• I don’t have to Google, Fred, I can remember what it was like to look in the mirror.

Please read my other comments for more clarity.

May 7, 2013 at 1:27 pm

• Are you for real?? Making a joke out of someone getting the s**t beat out of them or satirize it is a vicious, tasteless attack crouched in the clothing of humor. Domestic Violence is graphic and brutal, as you’ve said; which is why folks shouldn’t joke about it. Just like one shouldn’t joke about someone losing a limb (BTW: can happen in domestic battery) Of course The Onion was being racist and misogynistic. In the same vein as when they referred to nine year old Quvenzhané as a “c**t.”

Chris Brown isn’t funny. Rihanna isn’t funny. Their relationship isn’t funny. Not funny. Not satirical. But attempting to pass off the above comments as a critique of his or her behavior is ludicrous. Rihanna displays the classic behavior of any battered woman, who returns time and again to her abuser. Is she supposed to behave differently because she’s rich? And Chris, the behavior of man who watched his mother being beaten. Not funny. Just like child abuse, gay bashing ect, isn’t funny.

As a African American I am bone tired of folks in media like The Onion attempting to debase and malign us. And then being told I “misinterpreted it” or “my skin is too thin.” As an AA woman I’m just as tired of watching the debasment of women of all colors and having what I see interpreted by other folks who claim to know what’s best for “us.”

I’ve been discrimminated against enough because of both my color and my gender to know what both racism and misogyny look like. Can you dig it? I know you could.

May 7, 2013 at 2:15 pm

• <3

May 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm

• stop obsessing on chris brown for crying out loud!! lks

June 18, 2013 at 4:10 am

• Honestly, I haven’t thought about Chris Brown in weeks. I don’t think anyone here is “obsessing” on him. This was a discussion of a particular piece about CB, and as such, it’s would be strange if people were not discussing him here.

June 18, 2013 at 5:37 am

• “If you have problems the with graphic and brutal way they go about it, I suggest you google some pics of abused women and children, then I’ll think you’ll rethink your position a little.”

Since domestic violence is fairly common, it’s not wise to assume that people actually talking about the subject are unfamiliar with its effects.

Further, it doesn’t even make sense to suggest that someone horrified by the graphic imagery of a poor joke will rethink their position by looking at graphic visuals. So what is your point? The joke will be funnier if we see pictures to go along with??

The point is that domestic violence is not just about the man who is the abuser, but about the woman being abused. Joking about domestic violence to insult the abuser has a lot of collateral, and it isn’t even funny.

May 7, 2013 at 3:03 pm

17. Poorlytoldjoke

Don’t you think they were trying to not let him off the hook for his ACTUAL violence against women? There is no part of you that can’t process that? I mean, if anything, it’s pretty gross that he’s been accepted back into the public eye without this sort of joking coming from everyone. The idea that the violence against Rihanna is somehow of limits is ridiculous. If anything it should be the first thing people talk about when talking about Chris Brown, jokingly or not.

May 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

• Please read my comments. There’s a better way to go about this. There are dozens.

May 7, 2013 at 1:26 pm

• Poorlytoldjoke

Better ways to go about it by a satire newspaper?

May 7, 2013 at 3:24 pm

• Yes. Better angles. They’re supposed to be pros. I think they’re up to the challenge of satirizing Chris Brown without making a joke out of violence against women. But you know, we could just agree to disagree. I’m ok with that, too.

May 7, 2013 at 3:56 pm

18. Well if Rihanna isn’t going to stop for a second and inform young girls what could eventually happen if you stay with a physically abusive partner, then I applaud The Onion for doing so – even if it was in a satirical way.

“If you have a voice that reaches millions, u have an obligation to use that voice responsibly.

May 7, 2013 at 1:22 pm

• “Responsibly” being the key word, I think. I’m all for getting the message out there, but I can think of quite a few better ways to do it, as I’ve said.

May 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

19. Excuse me, but when does domestic abuse belong in satire or humor? Answer: Never. Because there’s nothing funny or satirical about it. Domestic abuse is dangerous and it can end in death or disfigurement; certainly it scars the life of anyone it touches. Real funny stuff, right? No, it isn’t. And what’s up with the Onion’s current attacks on Black females? I’ve never been a fan. I’m feeling pretty good about that now.

May 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm

• I really think they think they’re doing something good, here, but the bad outweighs the good by a good measure, if you ask me.

May 7, 2013 at 1:25 pm

20. I wanted to start off by saying that I am one of the ones who was part of the conversation on Le Clown’s Facebook post. Thanks to him for bringing me here, and to you for starting this discussion.

I am not overly offended by what The Onion has done here. Chris Brown is the king of all scumbags, and I think this is an attempt to show just what a lowlife he really is. I think the greatest piece of irony in the whole situation is not that they’re poking fun at him by using his own act of violence against him; rather, they’re doing this about a guy who, I believe, feels that he was entitled to do what he did to Rihanna.

He doesn’t understand that what he did was wrong on such a fundamental level. I’ve read so many articles about him where he tries to play the victim card. It’s ridiculous, and I think The Onion is only trying to illustrate that with these snarky headlines.

I don’t know where the line is in humor. Would I personally write something like this? Never. Am I glad they’re keeping the relevance of his douchebaggery alive? Absolutely.

May 7, 2013 at 12:42 pm

• Thanks for coming, Jen. I’m still processing this. I get what the Onion is *trying* to do. I just really hate satire that thinks it has to go to this kind of ugly, hateful place to get its point across. I can think of so many other angles they could have approached this from that would have worked better for me.

May 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm

• It’s an interesting question- how do we confront the ugliness in a way that it works? I don’t know if I have a good answer for that. Partly because not every solution works for every person, and not every situation is the same.

The way that the media has been talking about violence against women has really divided people from what I’ve seen. There are people who have been extremely passionate, and dedicate a lot of time to spreading the word. Then there are people who think this is the media’s attempt to drum up “liberal frenzy” and end up thinking the entire movement is a sham. I guess my hope is that places like The Onion can capture some of those from the latter category. They can use humor to show how appalling these things actually are because it becomes laughable to accept them as normal human behavior.

May 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm

• One thing I would like them to think about is how terribly triggering those tweets must be for anyone who has experienced domestic violence.

May 7, 2013 at 1:06 pm

• That I agree with. Of course, I do wonder how many of those people read The Onion to begin with knowing what kind of site it is. Still, a little sensitivity never killed anyone.

May 7, 2013 at 1:12 pm

• confront ugly? how to do it? make fun it it! laugh at it for its stupidity. the deepest fear we have as humans I think, is to be laughed at. remember when you were in junior high? those fears haven’t gone. it’s just below the surface waiting for the hot button to be pushed. exploit it! ks

May 20, 2013 at 5:45 am

• if women who are offended and pissed BECOME pissed and perhaps act pissed and offended, act rude….. then, each of you becomes 2 or 3 people.,.. I think this expands your persona. burn your bras then take your panties off and burn them too. tell men you’re not going to fuck them until they start to behave themselves.

well ….. but, you have to know what ”offensive behavior” is on an everyday, subtle level. what is verbal abuse? how many women endure it? how many women know the subtle signs of verbal abuse on an everyday personal level?

go see that superman movie. lois lane was helpless throughout the whole movie! superman …. SUPERman, had to help her out of every jam while she looked doe eyed and helpless. how can you possibly succeed when corporate America puts that kind of shit on the screen …. and it’s the most popular movie in the country? more imprinting on ”helplessness”. sometimes it seems like you’re fighting a losing battle. society as a whole, including the women who go to this movie and…. don’t get up and walk out…. accepts this ”role”. what a statement it would make if women enmass, went to that movie and walked out enmasse (sp?) chanting, “lois lane is a pussy!” well……. I did but was too chicken shit to say anything.

maybe the only way to fight discrimination is to start on a local level by fighting a battle that has already been started… join together in the battle for equal pay. it’d be a huge victory and maybe dispel some of the beliefs of society as a whole and attract some of these young, ”pink across the ass” female people, to take a look.

but then, what the fuck do I know? I’m a man … lks

June 18, 2013 at 3:41 am

• You make some really good points, here. I don’t care what young women wear across their asses, but I do think they’re getting pummeled by messages from all quarters that tell them all the wrong things about themselves and that’s a big part of the problem.

June 18, 2013 at 5:43 am

• Shan Diggs

Thanks for helping enforce the stereotype of feminists as “humorless” bluestockings .. I got the jokes and also possess a vagina.. the one aimed at Quvenzhané was meant to point out by contrast how sweet and very “un-c*ntlike” she actually is, the Chris Brown comments are also obvious satire.. let’s not add “unable to understand and process satire” to the mysogynist’s lexicon of feminist insults..also, these messages that you find offensive are actually the sort of subversive humor that may actually penetrate the minds of those we wish to reach most.. the male majority.. by using subtlety instead of preaching a sermon to them.

May 8, 2013 at 12:51 am

• Thank you so much for this explanation of various types of humor my humorless feminist brain can’t seem to process. You know what? I “get” the joke. I “got” the joke Daniel Tosh was making, too, and the one my friend made about Auschwitz the other day. Sometimes humor and satire miss the mark for some people and guess what? That’s ok. I’m happy for your vagina. Mine has a different opinion.

May 8, 2013 at 5:52 am

21. Le Clown

Rosie,
    Your post is generating some conversation on my Facebook. I am hoping it moves over here.
    Le Clown

May 7, 2013 at 12:07 pm

• Thanks for the share, Clown! I’ll look for it. :)

May 7, 2013 at 12:17 pm

22. The Onion was dead to me the night of the Oscars. Satire doesn’t have to be hateful. And violence against women isn’t funny. Ever. I may just block them as spam. I mean, that’s what you do when people post offensive material, right?

May 7, 2013 at 11:47 am

• Yes. I unfollowed them and haven’t gone back. Now it’s time for anyone else still giving them a pass to stop.

PS: Thanks for the reminder. They have also been dead to me since that night. Noted above now.

May 7, 2013 at 11:49 am

• pete

It seems pretty clear that they’re being satirical about the way that the news media has given Chris Brown a pass. That tabloids talk about “are they through?” and “how is chris feeling” instead of just repeatedly screaming “WHY DOES THIS GUY STILL HAVE A CAREER?!? I FEEL LIKE I’M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!”. The Onion’s article was a version of the latter sentiment, and used satire to express it. Does anyone really think that writer of that piece is celebrating Chris Brown?

May 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm

• Nope. Not the point at all, and not what I said. I will do a follow-up when I can, but in the meantime, you might find some clarity in the comments.

May 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm

• Men’s opinions on this subject don’t count. what do we know? we don’t experience what women experience within OUR context. the best we can do is shut up and accept what you and every woman who has responded to this blog agree on. who are we to say your perspective is right or wrong?

whether women should be allowed to have abortions, or not. we’re men! what the fuck do we know! let the women of America decide this issue. we have no right to make this decision. what the fuck do we know about this subject?

i will say, i see a lot of young girls.. even girls in their 20’s… allowing themselves to be abused in every day ways by boys or young men. more can be said about this .. specifically … but, that’s not the point. the point is, enlightened women need to take the lead. teach these girls how to be strong … teach them how to demand to be treated with respect. as a whole, we are assholes. we need to learn how to behave too. unfortunately, the culture … corporate america … promotes our ‘assaholedness”.

i’m afraid that when these young girls enter into maturity the women’s movement may flag. to me, this is scary. the world is on the brink of something. it’s women’s ”time”. we (men) need to get out of the way … forget our masculine fears. grow up … become mature, enlightened if possible which .,.. I have my doubts if we can unless women everywhere fucking DEMAND IT! women young and old. there needs to be a resurgence! teach the newbies that it doesn’t matter if you are offensive! push the message across! for the most part .. you are stronger and smarter! stop fucking men until they fucking grow up! (English 101, I think. was it Lysistrata??)

i’m a man. as a man, i’m ashamed of the way that men, overall .. treat and regard women.

just an opinion but, teach those young girls, who wear those tight pink pants (or whatever they’re called) with the word PINK across the ass, to stop objectifying themselves by wearing that shit. on the other hand … what the fuck do I know?? ks

May 20, 2013 at 5:02 am