Self-Care Bingo—Play With Yourself for Better Health!

I don’t know about you, I have a hell of a time remembering to practice self-care, and I’ve heard the same from a lot of the people I interact with online. Many of us spend a lot of time and energy online fighting for causes we care about at the expense of our mental and physical health and while we know that we need to pause and do things that are just for us—things like social media breaks, playing with the dog, listening to music, or just DRINKING SOME DAMNED WATER—it can be really hard to do so.

That’s why I created SELF-CARE BINGO!

SCB2

New and improved!

It’s like an act of self-care I can share with all of you. Yay!

The symbols are intended as prompts. For example, I live in Seattle, so there are many days (weeks, months) when getting sunshine is just not in the cards, but I can get outside and breathe some fresh air or use my little full-spectrum light thingy. Not into knitting? Do the craft you love. Already hugged your dog today? Tickle your cat or throw a ball for your ferret. The possibilities are endless!

I’ve got my SCB card printed out and ready to mark up even as I type this. See?

Proof!

Proof!

Let’s do some self-care, people.

Note: The SCB card above is a new and improved version updated post publication. You can find the old one here and a safe-for-work version here.

PSA: Abusive commenters will be deleted and banned, so kindly piss off in advance. (Comment Policy)

1. love it!
    so my thing and important for well being. thanks for this!

February 19, 2015 at 9:17 pm

2. I like the random-but-always-good-for-me nature of this. Thanks for rocking this out. I’ve started #SelfCareSundays on my blog because I need to make some sort of commitment to myself to practice self care more regularly – having to post at least one self care act each week will (hopefully) help it become a more gentle, nurturing habit.

February 16, 2015 at 11:01 am

• I didn’t keep up the actual game very long, but making/having/doing this did help me get into the habit of taking breaks to do something for me. I’m glad you like it! :)

February 16, 2015 at 1:27 pm

3. Joe

Self Care Bingo, great idea I think I’ll try that and yes I have hugged my dog today. :)

January 6, 2015 at 3:48 pm

4. Reblogged this on Note To Self and commented:
    Everyone could use a bit more self-care!

January 6, 2015 at 9:41 am

5. Yay! I saw you posting this on Twitter the other day and I was hoping there was a way to get my hands on the same chart. Definitely want to try this.

January 6, 2015 at 9:40 am

6. craftspagan

Thanks for making something that can be tedious fun again.

January 5, 2015 at 7:33 pm

7. Everyone’s health is their responsibility. You can get tests and advice from doctors but, in the end it is up to each and everyone of us to maintain our health.

January 5, 2015 at 2:00 pm